Makeup and skincare have only been in my life for the past two years. I must say, I have enjoyed every bit of it. I love having multiple brushes to do the job, mainly because I am lazy to clean them. I wanted to share some of my absolute favorites that I have been using since I got into makeup.
Let’s start with Face brushes and continue with eye brushes: I love having multiple for foundation or CC creams. Firstly, because I wear foundation almost everyday, second I don’t have enough time to wash them every single day.
- IT Cosmetics heavenly complexion perfection luxe #7 brush: Okay, so this brush is way up there in price, like $48. But as the name suggests it does exactly that. I enjoy the seamless finish that it gives with every product I have used. Since, it is dual ended, I use this brush whenever I travel cause it does everything from foundation, concealer, blush, powder, eye shadow, you name it; the brush does it all.
- E.L.F cosmetics bare blending brush: It looks like a fluffier fan brush, except that its great for cream products. The brush gives a non streaky application and the size makes it great for travel too. I can literally fit in my pocket.
- IT cosmetics Airbrush smoothing foundation brush: Well, IT cosmetics really does great brushes. I think their price is fair and great for the quality they provide. I have had their brushes for almost two years now. I washed them a million times (of, course not a million, but you get the point) and they are still in great shape. This brush is great for everyday – Apply foundation, buff and out the door in 5 minutes.
- BeautyBlender:You might say that this isn’t a brush, I know but, I only use it for concealer and have to say no other brush wins the concealer challenge better than the beautyblender. You need to get one. Period.
- Morphe E2 brush/ Real Techniques powder brush: Both of these brushes are so large and fluffy that they work great with setting powders for your face. They cover a large surface area so it’s quick and easy. No fuss. Most times powder brushes can be quite a rip off, but these are reasonably priced for great quality.
- Morphe E45: I use this brush for applying concealer at times but definitely for setting it with powder. It has the perfect size for under the eyes. I love this brush for how soft it is. It feels smooth and applies the product seamlessly.
- Eye brushes: I use the Sephora collection PRO featherweight crease brush #38 for the crease. The bristles of this brush are soft and apply the eyeshadow without any tugging. I absolutely love this brush. Also I alternate between Morphe M433 and M441 to intensify my crease shadow. These are a cult favorite and do the exactly what they are made for. These 3 brushes I cannot live without for my eye makeup.
- Morphe M421: I know it says that it is a concealer brush, but I use it to pack on lid color whether it’s cream or powder eyeshadow. It is tightly packed and provides controlled application without too much movement. Love it!
- E.L.F cosmetics mineral powder brush: This is a great brush for blush application. Sometimes I also use it for powder application after I apply my foundation/ CC cream. An all-in-all great brush for just $3. In general, E.L.F has some great brushes which don’t hurt the wallet.
- Morphe M310: This fan brush needs no explanation. It is perfect for powder highlight application. The brush is made with natural hair which work best with powder.
So these are some of my favorite brushes. I hope you enjoyed this post and would try some of these for your makeup routine. I usually go for affordable options if I can. But if I do need an expensive brush, it better sweep me off my feet.
i love this post! didnt think about doing a post about my favorite brushes but this is a great idea, good brushes are so important for a good makeup look! need to try these it cosmetics brushes, thanks for the post! hope you can check out some of mine too! 🙂