I am traveling for the NYE weekend and thought I should share my essentials with you guys! I hope this will help you in some way to plan out and not ruin your holiday thinking about what you left home. My friends tell me that I pack fast and pack well. But I know that I forget one small thing that definitely irks me.
So I have made a comprehensive list here (Note: This list might look like a little too much but trust me all of it will fit in your travel bag). So let’s begin:
- Clothing: I don’t judge people who over pack this section. I get it, you never know what you might need. But if you plan smart you might get away with a few pairs. For example, I am going for 3 days, 2 nights. So I am bringing a pair of jeans, a pair of sweatpants, 2 tops and my NYE outfit. Also one pair of nightwear that I will be wearing both nights. Undergarments- I do not want to curb you on this. But take as many or as little as you like. I won’t judge! LOL.
- Cold weather: 2 pairs of socks for two days and one I will be wearing when I leave. This is because I know it will be snowing and I will have my boots on. I dislike wearing old socks. I am carrying one beanie, one coat/ jacket, one pair of gloves which I will be wearing all three days. With my boots, I will be carrying a pair of heels for NYE.
- My handbag essentials: I have talked about this in my previous post and I hardly ever change anything in it. Except for may be tampons (Let’s get real). These are must haves.
- Accessories: I will be wearing a pair of ear studs, carrying one pair for NYE, one necklace and that’s it.
- Things you forget and might need: Bobby pins, hair elastic, safety pins, Q-tips, bandaids for those nasty blisters because of new heels, toothbrush and toothpaste- I hate buying these everytime I am on a holiday. I will definitely need an anti-perspirant, mouthwash and ibuprofen. I know it sounds like I am taking my entire apartment but all of this really will fit in a cosmetic pouch. I suggest getting one of those mini emergency kits that you can throw in your handbag so you don’t have to make your own. One of my soon to be married friends recently visited me from Dubai and she bought one for brides. It is quite practical to have one. Also congratulations to the happy couple and wishing you both all the very best!
- Make-up, skin & haircare: This takes most of my luggage space. And you’ll see why as you read on! I really enjoy my skincare and make up when on a holiday. Like I indulge in a sheet mask or a face mask while watching TV in the hotel room while curling up in the comfy bed. With makeup, I can really take my time to create the look I want. This is the best part about a holiday, time is on your side. And I make the most of it. Sorry I digress, while I sip on a glass of wine. Make up- take one of each. I repeat, one of each! Here goes- primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, brow gel, eye primer, eyeshadow palette, eye liner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, blush and highlighter. Not much into contouring, I go for the more subtle look. Now for skincare- face wash, body wash, body lotion, moisturizer for face and eyes, serums or any treatment products you are currently using, toner, and sunscreen. Haircare- I like to carry samples of a shampoo and conditioner. And the travel size of my Oribe dry texturizing spray. I also use this as a dry shampoo. And some heat protectant spray for styling. This does sound like a lot but if you are an enthusiast like me you will want all of it. I suggest using all of the sephora samples you have accumulated or take it from a friend who has. So that you don’t overdo it. LOL! I know this list varies for every person but make sure you carry only one of each. If you do not wear one of these then you get to carry one more of the other category. How does that sound!? It is only fair.
Some of these items are add ons just because its NYE. And that I wouldn’t normally carry on a holiday. I like to sleep and eat while I vegetate in my sweatpants on a regular holiday.
I hope you guys are having a great holiday season, are looking and feeling the best for NYE. Wishing you guys a fun-filled evening/ night. Cheers!