I think this is the happiest time of the year for me. Starting with thanskgiving and that ends on New year. I am not really fond of 1st January as every new years’ day I sit back and think about how much time I wasted doing nothing or what steps I could have taken to make the year more productive or just better. Anyway my point is I’d like to keep this heavy thought for later and concentrate on the happy month that we have ahead of us. The month that is filled with food, family, fun and LOTS of SHOPPING!
The concept of gifting during the holidays was alien to me in India. Obviously that did not stop me from shopping but you get the point. When I came to the US it was totally different. The sales just come up for no particular reason. Like your birthday, random weekday or just cause its a sunday! Its like fuel to the fire. But who’s complaining right? Every promotional email I receive, I definitely go and check out the website that sent it. May be put a few things in the bag and then look at my checking account and then close the shopping bag window. This holiday season I bought and also came across some cool things. I would definitely like to share them with you guys. Some things are not too expensive but some are luxury! Hope you enjoy!
1) Glossier Black Tie Set: This set is great as a gift and also just to keep it for yourself. That’s what I did! I couldn’t give the beautiful set away. So, the set includes 4 full size products- Haloscope in Moonstone which looks great on all skin tones. I am a medium-tan and it never looks ashy or too light on me. I love it! The nail polish in #glossierpink which you can literally pair with any outfit. I have been wearing it since two weeks. Next up- lipgloss. They did not go wrong with this one. Its non-tacky and gives beautiful shine to your lips which is long lasting. I love how it ties your entire make up look together. Last but not least, the eyeliner in No.1. To tell your the truth I haven’t been a fan of dark eyeliners. I always felt like it made my eye look small but this shade in graphite is perfect and it looks really good when I smudge it out on the outer corners of my eye. Oh! And I forgot the black ribbon that comes with the box I have already used it to tie my hair at work and I am thinking about it as a choker this holiday season. This set is definitely you affordable luxury. You can check it out and get 20% off with this link
2) Articles of society– ‘Sarah’ Skinny jeans: I love me some comfortable skinny jeans but I can never find the perfect fit. I have been the in-between size for as long as I can remember. Anyway, this pair when they say it’s super soft they are not kidding. The feel of these jeans is so comfortable. I also like the dark sort of patch at the of the legs. And they fit me very well and they are mid-rise size 6. Love these! They are on sale right now! You can check them out here
3) Facial Hydrating Mists: These are great gifts for your skin care junky friends and obviously for you. The two that I have been loving are the Farmacy skin dew hydrating essence mist and setting spray and the Glossier soothing face mist. I have been keeping the Farmacy mist at my desk at work to keep me refreshed throughout the day. I haven’t used it as a setting spray as such. I enjoy the Glossier one after shower to lock in moisture. Both equally work well for me and I totally recommend them. Check them out here and here
4) Foreo Luna play: I know a lot of people are on the fence about this. But I really like it to use it with my Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser at home and while I am on vacation. Its very easy to travel with, literally can go in your pocket. It does a good job of cleaning my face and I haven’t had big breakouts since I have used the combination. Check it out here
5) Royal Apothic Hothouse peonie hand cream: I came across this hand cream at Anthropologie. I was obsessing over it for over 20 minutes while at the store. I love surfing through the beauty section to find eclectic products and perfumes. I bought 5 different hand creams to give as gifts but this one is my favorite one. This contains a fragrance obviously so if you are allergic to fragrance I would just smell this in the store and walk away. Just kidding! Totally up to you! The peonie one is sold out online. But you can find similar ones here
6) Lush Soap in Honey I washed my kids: This soap is life! I got a small sample of this when my friend form Abu Dhabi was here. She recommended it to me and I did not want to commit to a soap without using it. I love this now! I am definitely going back for a large piece of this soap to last me forever! My showers have been lovely thanks to this soap. If you are not a soap person I suggest you become one cause this one is totally worth it! Check it out here
7) A value set I have been totally enjoying is the Mask-A-Holic 5 piece set from Peter Thomas Roth. This set is $75 and comes with 5 variety face masks 1.7oz each and a mask applicator This set will last you a long time! Totally great for multimasking and spending an evening relaxing with a glass of wine! 🙂 It is currently sold out at sephora.com but sign up here to find out when it is back in stock.
8) Sunday Riley Juno hydroactive cellular face oil: This is the most expensive skin care item I own. So I am really hoping it will change my life and make me look like Shay Mitchell. Lol. But seriously, I really want this product to work. I have used it a couple of times. Will update on my winter skin care routine soon and hopefully this will be a part of it! Check it out here
Adios for now!