Hey guys! Saying that its been a while is getting old. But with the holiday season coming up I am hoping to post a LOT more. I hope everyone has been enjoying the fall as much as I have. I took my yearly trip to Vermont. The foliage was gorgeous. I felt like I fed some superfoods to my eyes. Do you know what I mean? I am sure you do. Who doesn’t love fall. And make-up?
Let’s get to the lipsticks I have been loving as fall began:
1) YSL ‘Rouge Volupte Shine’ Lipstick: Shade: 48 Smoking Plum- This lipstick is the most expensive lipstick I own. Lol. It is $37, but it is so worth it! It is a sheer, shiny wash of plum tone on your lips. My lips are quite pigmented but the color shows up perfectly. I recommend this for the holiday season if you are not looking for the classic red lip. Also, it smells like candy. Who doesn’t want that, right? You can buy it here
2) Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips: Shade: Secret Salma- This shade is not just a fall shade. It is an all-season shade. It is a pigmented mauvy-pink which goes with anything you wear and is flattering for all skin tones. Perfect everyday shade to work for the fall season. And the packaging just like the YSL is absolutely stunning and luxurious. You can buy it here
3) Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel: Shade: 36 Indian Sari- This is in the high shine finish. The lip gels also have metallic and shimmer finishes. I love this shade for an evening out when I don’t want to do too much. This is just a perfect mauvy tint to my lips with some oomph. I feel like its slightly balmy and feels great on my lips. I’s one of my favorite glosses. You can buy it here
4) Glossier Generation G lipstick: Shade: Jam- Let me start by saying I am a big fan of Glossier. Especially their cleanser and both face masks. This lipstick is matte, balmy and no non-sense. It is great for everyday. I love this shade because it skews towards a purple-y tone. And as the name suggests it reminds me of berry jam. I love it! I like to apply a tiny bit of their coconut balm dotcom before I go in with the lipstick. Works well this way for my dry lips. You can buy it here
5) e.l.f matte lip color: Shade: Berry Sorbet- e.l.f has really great matte lip color. They are not your typical matte lip pencils. They are quite comfortable and do not dry your lips out. This shade is a reddish berry shade perfect for night and day. I have even worn this for a day out in summer without going all out on the eye makeup. It looks really beautiful. Also e.l.f is so friendly to your wallet that buying a few at a time will not depress you later 😉 You can buy it here
Swatches of my fall favs!